Royal Atlanta 8 Air Tent Features:
Comments by Dervla - Sales Staff
- 8 person capacity.
- 150D polyester Oxford flysheet with taped seams.
- 4000mm hydrostatic head.
- 10cm air system with individual inflation points each air tube takes 7psi and has been tested for higher.
- Sewn in groundsheet.
- Inner tent 180T polyester breathable.
- Mesh doors and ventilation panels.
- Large windows for enhanced visibility.
- Covered entrance doors for protection against the elements.
- Reflective guy ropes with storage, pump and pegs included.
- H 215cm x L 740cm x W 310cm.
- Colour: Blue/Silver.
- Weight: 28.6kg.
- Buy this tent on line or phone to buy.
- Click on Gallery to see some more pictures.
The Royal Atlanta 8 Air design has been around for many years. It was originally called the Royal Atlanta (when this tent had fibreglass poles instead of a air tube system). This Royal Atlanta Air is fairly new. The bedroom sizes are ample to fit a standard double airbed at 140cm not like some tents which only allocate 120cm per double room. Each double room has a divider to separate the rooms or you can remove the divider to make larger bedrooms. This tent is completely sealed so the doorway entrances are off the ground, no chance of any wind or water getting in on bad nights. The doorways can be a tripping hazard for young kids but most just get used to it.
TheAtlanta air is also one of the taller tents with a max height of 215cm = 7ft. For me of course i am only 5' 6 I have plenty of head room.
The entire tent fits into a decent size bag it won't take up all your boot space. I can lift it?. The AIR frame system on this tent makes it easy to put up and take down there are not many tents of this size that one can do on their own. This is a great selling feature if there is only 1 adult camping with several kids.
Living space is generous not the biggest and not the smallest either approx 3.2m x 3.1m the size of a small patio area. Enough space for chairs, table, cooker + stand, ice box etc. 2 Entrance doors into this tent and 2 large windows which have mesh panels so plenty of ventilation and if your into camping you know that ventilation is very important. The bedrooms have pockets on the outside I love this feature. You need places to put the items likes car keys, change, phone chargers, toiletries, camera, crayons etc handy (but don't put too much heavy stuff in these pockets).
There is a fantastic sized extension which fits this model of tent. The extension is not air it has a Fibreglass frame. You won't always use your Extension but it gives you so much more room. I have seen the extension on camp sites been used as kitchen areas set up with a cooker stand, fridge etc. The extension is also perfect for leaving the buckets shovels, bikes and buggies in out of the rain.
I would give this tent a rating of 10/10.
- Families of 8 People.
- Or those who wish to have an extra bedroom for storage.
- Can put up on your own.
- Can fit in a small car.
- Scout Groups ideal.
- Want a tent which can be added to like with the use of an extension.
- If you are very Tall.