Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
O'Meara Camping carries a fantastic range of retractable House Awnings at extremely keen prices. The perfect addition to any house, front or back. This unit can be fitted to your wall neatly. House Awnings available in a wide range of colours. House Awning strength and durability comes from aluminium alloy components used in the construction.
Remove your valance (front piece of awning fabric) during the winter and store to prevent mildew. The Valance will just slide out.
House Awning Care Information:
A couple of golden rules that you must pay attention to when you have an awning.
1) It is strongly recommended that in windy conditions that your awning is completely retracted.
2) If your awning is manual you must ensure that the awning is wound directly vertical from the gear box. This means that when mounting the awning you must ensure that the handle can be totally vertical when attached to the gearbox so that you can wind the awning in and out without straining the gearbox. Do not keep winding when the awning is closed or you will break either the gear box, the winder or the handle!
3) If your awning is remote control you must ensure that the remote is used with common sense. This means that you do not allow the remote control to be played with. Replacement motors are available.
4) If your awning is remote control it will have a manual over-ride which allows you to retract the awning in the case of a power failure. The awning is not designed to be used as a dual purpose awning so only use the manual aspect of the awning if the power fails. Do not over tighten by hand.
5) Keep naked flames and similar heat sources away from the awning. It will burn.!
Maintenance required with the awning
1) If the awning has been retracted and the material is wet, it is advised that the awning be opened as soon as physically possible to allow the material to dry.
2) If the awning requires cleaning only use water and a hard brush.
3) If any parts of the awning frame begin to become slightly marked or scraped. Use "Hammerite" hammered finish white metal protection paint on them and this will prolong the life of the awning frame.
4) Remove the Valance from "In housing" awnings so that the Valance does not deteriorate while the protected material in the awning housing does not. The valance is the trim piece on the front and is simple to remove / replace. When using this product please apply common sense to all aspects.
There is an old saying "Common sense is a wonderful commodity" ................
Bought a house awning about 8 years ago. They are brilliant i use mine to bbq under or to dry my clothes its not just for the sun in my case. I got the solid green at the time but over the year it has started to discolour so i bought a new fabric this year. 8 years is not bad though got my moneys worth out of it. never leaked. never had anything go wrong actually.
gives you great privacy from your neighbours too if you like to lie out on your patio. 10 out of 10.